Ministry of Information and Communication Technology
9th Floor, Air Mauritius Building
- +(230) 210 0201, 210 3205, 210 3554, 210 3908, 210 5797, 211 6185, 210 6461
- +(230) 208 1409, +(230) 212 1673
- Email contact form
Objectives of the Ministry
- Formulate appropriate policies and provide the necessary legal framework for the development of ICT and its optimal use across all sectors
- Facilitate, through the implementation of an E-Government programme, the provision of Government services electronically anytime anywhere for the greater convenience of the public
- Promote and facilitate the development of the ICT sector.
- Ensure that the ICT culture permeates all levels of the society to bridge the digital divide to the extent possible
- Promote the development of ICT enabled services including e-business
- Encourage the adoption of new technologies and best practices in the ICT
- Promote capacity building in ICT.
- Promote and facilitate IT Security within Government Systems
The Telecommunications Sector
Mauritius is well set to be on the Information highway which places a high premium on the provision of a state-of-the-art public telecommunications services such as Fixed, Mobile, International Long distance, Internet and other value added services. These services are essential for the development of international trade, international business, financial and other services and impacts on every aspect of economic activity.
The Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunications is responsible for Telecommunications policy and administering programs to improve telecommunications services, particularly to ensure ubiquitous access to affordable info-communication services in Mauritius.
The Information and Communications Technologies Authority (ICTA) is the regulator for telecommunications sector. The key role of the regulator is to implement and promote the Government’s national policy objectives for the telecommunications sector.
To make of Mauritius a Cyberisland and the ICT leader in the Region
To provide the right environment for the harnessing of Information & Communication Technologies to generate employment, increase national wealth, improve quality of life and create new opportunities for sustainable socio-economic development of Mauritius